Hello fitness family,
Amongst the recent development regarding COVID-19, we at I Am Who I Am Inc. wanted to reach out to let you, our gym family, know how we’re increasing our cleaning diligence and to inform you that at this time the gym remains open for your use.
What We Know About COVID-19:
• it is not spread through sweat.
• it is not spread through bacteria.
• it can be spread by direct contact with/ingestion of the saliva or respiratory droplets of an infected person’scough/sneeze.
• symptoms include: shortness of breath, a cough that gets more severe over time, and a low-grade fever that gradually increases in temperature.
• risk is higher in order adults (65-plus), those with existing medical conditions, and/or those with compromised immune system
What We Are Doing For You:
• we are increasing our already diligent cleaning and disinfecting protocols
• we have spray bottles available to wipe down your own equipment before and after. We ask that you thoroughly wipe down your equipment after use each time
• we always cover for our fellow teachers if they are feeling unwell. No one is ever expected to teach through illness. We are a small but mighty team, fully supportive of each other
• we are discouraging members from coming to class or to train if they feeling sick or think they can sweat out a cold, etc.
• we will be posting “work out from home” videos on our social media to help keep you active without having to come in. Please keep in mind that if you are home due to a quarantine, the best thing you can do is rest
• we are currently looking into how to host live online classes for you to join to still get your group fitness in
How We Are Stepping Up Our Commitment To You:
• we are doubling-down our efforts to clean all surfaces, handles, and other high-contact areas.
• we are providing recycled paper towels that can be dispensed using your elbow
• we are sending you this email to make our changes clear and provide straightforward information to help put your mind at rest
• we will continue to monitor the press releases and stay informed, and will update you with any changes to club practices
What You Can Do:
• if you are feeling at all unwell, please stay home
• thoroughly and regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm soapy water and use hand sanitizer in between washing
• as much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
• bring your own yoga mat or other transportable workout equipment to the gym and then back home, being sure to sanitize it after
• if you sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue, tossing it in the trash afterward, or your elbow
• keep eating well, getting sufficient rest, drinking plenty of water, and keeping active; all the things we do to help keep ourselves strong and healthy, physically and mentally
• feel free to forward this email to your friends and family to inform and help minimize their concerns
• if you notice symptoms associated with this virus, remain home and call your doctor for medical direction or tele health Ontario at +1 866-797-0000
• fear and anxiety about a disease can lead to social stigma toward people, places, or things. Help reduce social stigma by knowing the facts and sharing them with those you know
• above all, maintain calm and please do not panic. Common sense goes a long way every day, and most especially in uncertain times
References: WHO (World Health Organization), Health Canada, and CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention)
You can help by spreading facts, not fear, and by taking care of yourself individually. I Am Who I Am Inc. is here for you through this. Though we didn’t stock up on toilet paper, if you or anyone you know has a need that is not being met during this time, please feel free to privately reach out to us and we will try our best to help out. We’re going to get through this, and we’re going to do it together!
Check our social media pages for continued updates and videos, and for updates on how to join virtual group fitness classes:
Facebook: I Am Who I Am
The I Am Who I Am Inc. Team.